Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Answered and Unanswered Prayers

In my life there have been many prayers that have been answered and those that have been unanswered. Lately there have been more unanswered prayers than answered prayers. I can say that the strength and love of my adoption board friends have truly helped me to "give it to God" and he will take care of me. 


On April 1, 2005, my dad passed away after months of suffering from esophageal cancer. My prayers were answered in that he was able to walk me down the aisle. The prayers that were unanswered were those of the hope or want for my dad to be able to see his first grandchildren, see my brother get married, and many more. I know that our first child, who was taken from us too early, is safe in the arms of Grandpa, up in Heaven. Grandpa is watching down on Alex & Jayce, his grandsons, my nephews. Alex knows a lot about Grandpa Smith & we talk about my dad all the time. Not a day goes by where I don't think of my dad. 


All of my grandparents have passed away. We are thankful to still have Jeff's grandpa with us, as well as Grandpa's significant other, Sandy. I think of Sandy as Grandma, although I do not call her that. She will be Grandma Sandy to our kids though. We found out last night that Grandpa was in the hospital with breathing troubles. We went up and saw him this morning and he looks great. He is now going to be on oxygen, but hey...he's 85 years old and he is going to be able to handle this! It was good to see him today and this has now made me realize that Jeff & I need to get down there to see him more often. He doesn't live that far away!


I know as I get older, everyone around me is getting older, and people are going to die. I just wish that things didn't have to happen to people that are close to us, so close together. We just lost Aunt Marcy in January, now Grandpa is sick. But Grandpa is still with us, so our prayers were answered. 


I know that there is power in prayer and I know that with everything we are going through right now, we just need to Give it to Him. He will take care of us. 


Live, Laugh, Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment