Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just an (EXTRA)Ordinary Girl in a Crazy Mixed-Up World

I consider myself an ordinary girl, living in this crazy mixed-up world. Maybe I am not so ordinary, maybe I am EXTRAordinary. I grew up in a small town, living the small town life, everyone knows everyone. Nothing is secret, nothing is sacred. NEED TO GET AWAY. 


When I graduated from high school in 1996 I moved to Marquette, Michigan...mainly to "get away" from the small town life. I was a good girl in high school but when I left Ludington I discovered life. That discovery turned me from the "ordinary" into the "extraordinary" person that I am today. 


Things that have happened in my life have made me the person I am today, whether it appears I am weak or strong. Life happenings have made me strong. 


I now live in the suburbs of a larger city in Michigan. I am close to shopping, schools, & the night life. Do I even think about the night life? Not in many years. Concentrations are now focused on family. Jeff & I are looking to start our family. We have tried unsuccessfully to get pregnant but it hasn't happened. Well...it did but it didn't stick. So now we ponder the question, do we spend the tens of thousands on fertility treatments or do we spend the tens of thousands on adoption? Well...suffice it to say, we chose adoption because fertility treatments are not a guarantee. I have known too many people who have suffered long, arduous bouts of fertility treatments and they are still not parents. I have also known many who have gone the fertility treatment route and then switched to adoption because the fertility treatments were not working. 


Jeff & I feel that we have been led to adoption. We feel that is our duty to bring a child into our life that may not otherwise have a loving family to call their own. We have so much love to give and cannot wait to share that love with a child, a child that will be part of OUR family, a Van Houten, a little piece of heaven!


Jeff & I have discussed adoption openly with both of our families. Our parents cannot wait to become grandparents to a little Van Houten, a little one that is meant for us!


In this crazy mixed-up world, there is this extraordinary girl...ME...who just wants to be a mom and I know that some day it will come true. And why do I say this is a crazy mixed-up world? Well because it IS! Nothing that you want to happen does. And things that you don't want to happen do! It's truly a crazy mixed-up world!


Live, Laugh, Blog :)

1 comment:

  1. You are extraordinary, and you will make an extraordinary mom!

    ReplyDelete