Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Angel Babies

Today, October 15, is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. Today is the day that we remember all the babies that have been taken too soon, through miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss. Today is the day we remember our angels and ask them to watch over us. 


I think about the baby that Jeff & I never got to hold. We were ecstatic to be pregnant. We wanted to shout it from the rooftops. We wanted EVERYONE to know that we were going to be parents. When I started having abdominal pains, we knew something wasn't right. We were devastated. All I wanted was to be able to hold a little one in my arms. We don't know whether the baby was a boy or a girl, but we named the baby, Jorryn Lee. Jorryn means "The One God Loves" and we thought that God loved our little one so much that He needed him/her for something special. We know that Jorryn is up there watching over us. Jorryn entered Heaven on November 12, 2005. 


I was due June 26, 2006 and we never made that day. I found out awhile later that my cousin was due the exact same day as I was, and she too lost her little one. I know that they are both up there in Heaven playing games and watching over us. They are guardian angels to so many little ones. Alex, Jayce, Jordyn, Chase and so many others have guardian angels watching over them and protecting them. 


I think about a woman I recently "met" online. She and her husband are the founders of Ella's Halo and the parents of precious little Ella, who was taken from them way too soon. I think about Taryn, Ryan and little Ella today as we light candles in remembrance of all the babies gone too soon. 


I think about all my "boardie" friends that have all lost a baby as well. I hope they feel the virtual hugs I am giving them. They have been my strength and my rock as I walk this journey of trying to have a baby. 


My candle is lit, is yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment