Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

So Many Things

I haven't blogged in a few days. Wow..I have been BUSY! Between school and meetings for school organizations I am involved in, I have been crazy this week. 


I belong to a group called HIMTSA (Health Information Management and Technology Student Association) and we are big into networking. We have board meetings and regular meetings. Since I am the secretary, I have to be at both meetings. We have one board meeting a month and one regular meeting a month. This month we had our Assistant Dean of Health Information Management talk about upcoming changes (study abroad) and then we had a speaker from the MHIMA and she talked about her job and privacy, security and getting involved in networking. 


Another group I am involved in is called National Society for Leadership and Success. I have decided to become part of the Executive Board for this group as well so I am now the secretary for that. Within NSLS we have what are called Success Networking Teams. They are small groups of students involved in NSLS that get together and have meetings. They each set goals at these meetings and get suggestions from the others in ways that they can help them reach their goals. Our SNT has a very good team. We are very cohesive and we seem to think along the same wavelength as well. We have chosen to adopt a family for Christmas and get presents and make them a dinner. We hope to become friends with this family so that we can continue to help them. Or it may even be more than one family. 


Since I have gone back to school I have definitely become more involved. I know a lot of people within the school, faculty, advisors, and students. It's nice to have that networking. I have also been looking for a job. I had a job interview last week and I got a call today (but I was not home) and I need to call him back tomorrow morning. I will be calling him ASAP as I want to find out what he needs. Jeff said the man had a question for me. I hope that question is "when can you start?" LOL 


Jeff & I have also been busy putting things together. We put the crib together because we were advised to since there was a nick in the changing table. So there are a couple of spots that need to be touched up on the crib, changing table, and dresser. Now we have to put together the bookshelf and make sure that is okay! It's crazy that as soon as the nursery is finished (just need the drywall and painting done and carpet) then we can move the furniture in there. The only thing I do not have yet is a rocker. I want one of the wider cushy rockers that are low to the ground (I'm Short) and I want it in Chocolate brown...so that is on my wish list!


I have a couple friends that are awesome. They are giving us clothes from their children so that we don't have to spend so much on clothing! I am thankful to have friends like them! In fact, one of them is bringing her two boys down on Saturday and we are going to Middleville to Trick-or-Treat :) It will be a blast!!!!


So that is all I have for now! As Christina would say.....




Live Laugh Blog!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see pics :0) And I love the Live Laugh Blog!

    ReplyDelete