Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Forehead Kisses (and other ramblings)

So many of you may be wondering why I named my blog Sunshine Wishes and Forehead Kisses. Well, I have lots of wishes and it just sounded good...and forehead kisses...well they are just amazing. I truly believe you can get more out of a forehead kiss than you can out of other kisses. When Jeff & I first started truly hanging out (when he owned the video store and I would visit him while he was working) he would always give me a kiss on the forehead when I would leave. This made me believe that he had some sort of feelings for me. Obviously that was true, but at the time it made me wonder. I didn't know how to interpret the forehead kisses at the time. Now I know. The caring, the love...it shows in a forehead kiss. 


Think about a newborn baby....kissing their soft "new baby" smelling head, kissing your child goodnight with a gentle kiss on the forehead, having your spouse kiss you on the forehead when you are sick, telling your dad that you love him and gently giving him a kiss on the forehead moments before he took his last breath...there is meaning behind each and every one of those kisses. 


I will never forget April 1, 2005. This is the day that my dad passed away after a battle with cancer. Have I told you lately that CANCER SUCKS. I remember giving my dad a kiss on the forehead and telling him that I loved him. My dad was/is my hero. I was daddy's little girl and I still am. I think about my dad daily and wish he was here. I wish he was here to see my nephews grow up, I wish he was here to ask advice of, I wish he was here to be with my mom, I wish my dad was here to teach my children how to fish, how to hunt, and swim, most of all...I just wish he was here. Needless to say, I miss my dad. 


So now that I have made you cry or tear up, I will tell you another story. My nephew broke his arm yesterday. He is 3 1/2 and such a boy. He is a trooper and will be fine. I actually thought it would have been his younger brother who broke the first bone since Jayce is such a daredevil! They are both ALL boy and rough house like crazy. I love my nephews! 


So I am not sure what else to blog about today. I had school, took a midterm, and am going to relax. I have been looking for a job. 


Oh yeah...we are holding a Pampered Chef fundraiser for our adoption fund. It is online and you can go to http://www.pamperedchef.biz/marthamckeiver and check out the catalog and all the wonderful kitchen and pantry items available. When you check out, just make sure you enter my name (Kellee Van Houten) in the host information. We receive up to 15% towards our fund. If you have questions, let me know!!! We appreciate all the support we have received. I will probably blog about this again. We are closing the fundraiser on October 23, 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment